A new SMA F1 Championship will commence on Tuesday 1st July. The winter series will be run the same as before but with one new exciting addition of a Teams Championship. Matching liveries are not a requirement (but encouraged and welcomed), drivers just have to have nominated their two car line up and their team name to be in the team competition. Please send a PM here or see me (Brett Allen) at the track with your team details.
- The championship will be run over 10 rounds with your worst result dropped at season’s end. In the event of a rained out event, the round will be run at the next meeting, not dropped.
- Points system will be the same as the current F1 point structure. (That being the top ten receiving 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1)
- Race format: 2 x 5min qualifiers and 1 x 8min final
- Trophies will be presented to the driver and team champions
- Car rules: SMA runs under the national F1 rules (for rubber tyres) as listed on www.rcformula1.com.au
So if you want to join in the fun there is a few weeks to go till Round One to get those cars ready and a team organised. As always the round results, leader board, and series news will be posted here weekly as well as on the SMA Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/smaracing?fref=nf) We look forward to seeing you down at the track again for some great racing action!